Suzanne Quiring is the founder of SuzyQ Menu Concepts, and is a Registered Dietitian in good standing with; Dietitians of Canada, CSNM, Washington State Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND), ANFP & the College of Dietitians of British Columbia. She has her 2 year Continuing Health Care Administration diploma, and strong supporter of the Eden Care Alternative and Pioneer Network. She volunteers her time as the BC provincial rep for Dietitians of Canada Gerontology Network.
Suzanne has been a guest speaker at numerous conferences:
• Dietitians of Canada National conference (2018) – Vancouver
• Canadian Society of Nutrition Management National conference (2016 & 2009) – Vancouver
• Dietitians of Canada National conference (May 2010 ) – Montreal
• Dietetics in Health Care Communities conference (2016) – Boston
• International Eden Alternative conference (June 2010) – Denver, CO
• Alberta Society of Nutrition Management (Nov 2009) – Calgary
• Gerontology Nutrition Society Fall conference (Nov 2009) – Vancouver
• Gerontology Nutrition Society Spring conference (2011) – Victoria
• Ontario Long Term Care Association conference (2011) – Toronto.
• 8 Canadian provincial conferences (2011) – Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Sask, Winnipeg, Toronto, London, Ottawa, Montreal, Moncton, Halifax
• Suzanne has spoken at the Pioneer Network, and numerous USA state and Canadian Dietitian/Food Manager conferences since 2012 via webinar classes.
Suzanne started SuzyQ Menu Concepts in 1998 after working as the Director of Support Services at a 76 bed Intermediate Care/SCU care facility for several years. The food delivery service at the facility was the same as it had been for over 25 years which is similar to most care facilities – food service staff would plate the meal up inside the kitchen after reading a long likes/dislike list, and the care staff would run back and forth from the servery to deliver the plated food to the resident’s table. Suzanne noticed many limitations regarding limited resident choice and selection, discontented residents, difficulty tracking residents’ likes/dislikes, high staff frustration, high food wastage, rigidity, limited resident contact, poor teamwork, and lots of dining room noise. She thought there had to be a better way!
Working with top end stainless steel manufacturer, she designed the SuzyQ Cart System. Suzanne believes this is the best product available on the market to deliver hot meals to seniors in small, compact Long Term Care dining rooms!
Lakeside Manufacturing is the distributor for SuzyQ cart System sales (www.elakeside.com).
Suzanne continues to stay active working as a Registered Dietitian with seniors in different levels of health care, along with educating and speaking her collegues about the benefits of mobile meal service. Suzanne is very dedicated to help care facilities make the switch to the SuzyQ Cart system as the results are so positive! It is her passion that every care facility’s meal delivery system becomes as “Resident focused” as possible.